Friday, October 14, 2011

In Loving Memory of Riley Pope



It has been a sad week here. Last Friday my 2nd cousin lost his life at the young age of 18 in a car wreck. Thankfully we all had just seen him at a cook out the Saturday before. He was such a sweet, loving and free spirited kid. I will never forget last summer he, Noah and Owen played in the creek at my aunt and uncles. He helped them catch all kinds of creek critters.

This picture was taken by my dad the day before he passed. He loved to hunt obviously and ride dirt bikes. Scott and he rode many years ago when Riley was about 10-12 years old. Scott will miss playing football with him at our family cookouts.

I have never seen so many people come and pay their respects to anyone as I did Monday night at the funeral home. It was touching to see everything and everybody there that he so loved... camo, dirt bikes boots, etc. I would guess well over 1000 came. His funeral was just perfect for him and only him. In the baptist church we heard Lynard Skynard, Hank Williams Jr, Beulah Land to Midnight Cry. I came away with the preachers message: he can't tell you anything to make the pain go away but he said pour your heart out, face the pain and look forward. We will always love and remember sweet Riley and keep all his family in prayers. (Bradley, LaDonna, Lacey, Dylan, Mattie Belle adn Buzzy) Love adn memories last forever.

No comments:

Blog Archive